Like all employers, the healthcare industry also did not anticipate the unprecedented phase caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. Employee health and wellbeing have become a top priority for all employers now.
Employee wellness programs have become the most sought-after approach to resolving wellbeing and productivity issues.
Corporate wellness technology can go a long way in driving workplace programs to success. When the right digital health and wellness software is provided through the right channels, it has great potential to boost the success rates of employee wellness programs.
Studies show the digital health market is going to flourish in the near future. Staying in line with the latest digital health and wellness trends is equally important to ensure the latest technology is made available to the workforce.
Digital health solutions can be utilized by almost every type of organization or individual. The most common audiences of digital health and wellness software are –
With employee wellness becoming the top priority for most organizations, incorporating best-fit wellness software at work can enhance engagement and productivity.
The common deciding factors are –
- cost of the wellness software
- types of features and tools it supports or offers for employee engagement
Health and wellness software improves the efficiency of the healthcare units, makes it easy to maintain electronic records, helps with health status tracking, and enhances the overall quality of performance and medical care.
Offering employee benefits and health plans ensures engagement, value, and commitment of the workforce towards their organization. When leveraged with the right wellness technology, the health plans and benefits can be customized to meet the specific health and wellbeing needs of the workforce.
In addition to the different types of audiences, it is also vital to know the different health and wellness software available in the market.
- Health and Wellness Tracking Software
- Health and Wellness Coaching Software
- Workplace Wellness Software Industry
Health and Wellness Tracking Software
The key objective of the health and wellness tracking software is to record different electronic health and activity data. This information and tools can be used to –
- Educate – health assessments, screenings, and tests to educate individuals about their health status and potential risk factors.
- Motivate – gamification approaches, wellness challenge ideas, activity tracking, nutrition log, rewards, incentives, and more can motivate them to achieve their goals.
- Awareness – Educational resources, health tips, tools, and metrics to create awareness about health and wellbeing, and guide them in the right direction to achieve their wellness goals.
Health and Wellness Coaching Software
Unlike the wellness software, the health and wellness coaching software provides the needed information that is required for the employees to focus on or improve certain health metrics for their wellbeing. Ideally, coaching software works on –
- Information – to provide the required information or reminders through their health and wellbeing journey.
- Tools – providing access to the tools that improve health and wellbeing as per their personalized needs.
- Skills – demonstrating how and in charge of improving overall health and wellbeing
Workplace Wellness Software Industry
Corporate wellness software is the emerging trend to establish and manage employee wellness programs at the workplace. Aiming to improve workforce health and wellbeing, the workplace wellness software allows employees to seek professional help and wellbeing guidance at any time, from anywhere. Also, this software can be customized to focus on different holistic health dimensions like financial wellness, wellness management, and overall employee wellness. Furthermore, they boost employee engagement, build healthy workplace culture, and enhance productivity.
Studies show disengaged employees cost their employers around $450 – $550 billion in lost productivity.
According to a Gallup study, implementing corporate wellness software improved employee engagement by 34%.
Although there are pros and cons to using digital health and wellness technology, they are in high demand. Many companies have adopted advanced workplace wellness software to enhance employee engagement, boost productivity, reduce healthcare costs, and drive business growth. All it takes is identifying the health and wellbeing needs of your workforce, and finding the right wellness vendor who can offer the best-fitting employee wellness solutions for your workplace.